Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
We had a play date with some of our favorite little guys. Walker was just added to our group a little over two weeks ago! In a couple of months, he will be in the floor playing with the others. I'm so blessed to have a great group of girls that I can get together with! Hopefully we will have many more years with these wonderful ladies and boys!
Cooper loves to watch Roxie. He would sit there all day if he could. In the mornings, Matt opens the door and lets Cooper admire the dog. It is definitely helping his sitting skills!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
- He is getting very close to sitting up on his own. Sometimes he can make it for 30 seconds or more. He is very topsy-turvy and always wants to play with his feet which causes him to fall over. I think he will be sitting on his own in the next couple of weeks.
- He loves to stand. If you go to lift him up to a sitting position, he goes ahead and pushes off with his feet to make himself stand.
- He turns onto his stomach ALL THE TIME. The reason for the all caps is that he turns over, but can't figure out how to get to his back and then gets mad. It is exhausting! Many times I leave him there for a while to fuss. He needs to figure it out! I know one day he will just get it and then will be rolling everywhere. But right now Matt and I are so tired of having to turn him over.
- He LOVES his feet. Sometimes I will go to get him out of his bed, and he will have his WHOLE foot in his mouth just sucking away. Personally I don't see what is so good about sucking on your feet, but he is sure cute doing it!
- When he is on his stomach, he can lift his chest all the way off the floor. It is like he is doing a push-up. If he could get his little bottom up, he would be crawling!
- During tummy time, he really is trying to go for toys that are out of his way. He knows that he should be able to get to them if he could just get a little closer. I think he gets a little frustrated at that, but he will get them soon enough.
- He is now going to bed at 8:00. It is great that he is going down so soon, but it also makes church nights and any late night activities hard. He usually wakes up anywhere from 5:00 to 6:00 and then goes back to sleep for an hour. He then is awake for 30 minutes to an hour and then takes another hour to two hour nap. He loves to sleep in the mornings. Wish the rest of the day was like that!
- He fights naps with the best of them! Kicking, hitting, flailing. Sometimes the "crying it out in the crib" thing works, and other times it results in screaming. I think it is all in the timing, but unfortunately I haven't gotten that mastered. :(
There a lot more things I could list, but I know many of you just looked at the picture and then went to the next blog. I will save it for his 6 month! He is the sweetest boy ever. When I first found out I was having a little boy, I just didn't know what I would do with one. But I love it! I can't wait to see what the next 5 months are going to hold for us!
Monday, September 13, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
So this video is probably not very exciting to a lot of you. But to Matt and I, it was very exciting. He had started out on one side of the blanket. Matt was playing with him and realized that Cooper kept knocking him in the head. Matt kept having to scoot back. We realized that Cooper was moving forward. Of course the real video is much much longer than this. And of course he isn't getting anywhere fast, but it's a start. We call him a little bulldozer because he doesn't get up on his arms, he just puts his face down and goes. It won't be long before he can get wherever he wants. On a side note: how cute is he in his camouflage pajamas?
Thursday, September 2, 2010
He loves his feet. They are his constant toys!