Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

My grandmother has been staying with my mom while awaiting potential eye surgery. So while my mom was in possession of my grandmother, they decided to pay us a visit. My grandmother got to spend some time with her daughter, Charlene, who she has not seen in 6 years. Grandma Curtis cannot drive and Charlene never leaves the Valley. I had never met Charlene, so that was exciting for me. While Grandma Curtis stared with Charlene the majority of the time, Mom hung out with me and Matt.



She came to my work for the the first time on Friday. Then after that, we went to Olive Garden and then over to Best Buy. On Saturday, after Mom dropped off Grandma at Charlene's, we went to Tiger Town to do a little shopping. I got a new set of dishes! I have been looking for over a year for a new set. I love them! Matt got a different antenna at Best Buy. Matt has been trying to get regular channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) on our tv, but has been unsuccessful. This is not Matt's fault. Auburn does not get regular channels. Who knew?! Definitely not us. So Matt has bought 3 different antennas, with zero success. I guess that means no college football for my sweet hubby.



Matt has also been trying to set up Mom's new wireless internet. She has the connection through her cell phone service. It worked great in Auburn, but out in the boonies where my mom lives, she cannot get service. Just another reason to visit Best Buy for the third time in one weekend!














1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend.

    Yeah, that is one thing that stinks about our little town... Charter is the only company that provides locals, though Direct TV tried to tell me over two years ago that locals would be available "soon." I dropped our contract with them and switched to Charter because we can't do with out the local stuff!

    You guys are welcome to watch football over here anytime. But, at your own risk! Our boys tend to play their own games of football, in the middle of the living room while the real games are on. It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt. And somebody always does! :-)

    ReplyDelete