Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Preggers

For those of you who don't know, we have been trying to have a baby for over a year. I seemed to have inherited my mother's infertileness. So, we resorted to fertility drugs. For three LONG months, I had to endure awful Clomid. Yes, you only have to take it for 5 days every month, but boy does it make you grouchy, tired, hungry, and basically makes you feel like you are pregnant. Matt just LOVED these pills! Also every month, I had to go to the doctor and get lab work done. That just added to the crankiness. Well anyways, at the end of the third month, we were scheduled to have a Youth Retreat. I had not purchased the Clomid yet, because let's face it - I always felt like a failure going into the pharmacy for that stuff. I just didn't want to feel that yet. So on Friday, the day of the retreat, I thought I would take a pregnancy test to make sure it was negative. Now some of you out there may be wondering why I say "negative". Well, it's just that when you have tried for 15 months to get preggers, and have taken almost as many negative pregnancy tests, you just don't see how this one could be positive! But I had an extra one laying around, so I got up early that morning to take it. I just knew it would be negative! There was no hope at all left in me for a positive! I set the stick on the counter and stared at it. Let me take you through the thoughts that are going on in my head. #1 I think I see two lines, but maybe I'm seeing things wrong because I just woke up. #2 Ok, there are definitely two lines, but with this pregnancy test, that must mean negative. #3 No, I'm pretty sure that I used this same kind last time, and negative is only one line. #4 (I start panicking) Ok, ok, calm down. You are just reading it wrong. Pick up the instructions. Read them word for word. #5 Go stand over my sleeping husband. Wait until he wakes up freaked out because someone is standing over him. Say as fast as you can "I just took a pregnancy test, and it's positive." My lovely, wonderful, sleepy husband looks at me and says in the calmest voice, "Now let's don't get excited." Don't get excited?!!? Are you kidding me? But you see, Matt is always the voice of reason. He had seen me cry and get depressed too many times over these stupid pee sticks. But after much persuasion from me, he realized that I had never gotten a POSITIVE! Time to rejoice!

Unfortunately, there wasn't much time to rejoice. Of course I called my sister and mom, but I had to head to work and then on to the retreat. I wanted so badly to go to the doctor to confirm all of my hopes. I had to wait a week and a half for that to happen. On August 31, I had my first doctor's appointment. I was so excited! Yep, I was pregnant! It was the best feeling in the world, especially since I had just gotten home from my grandmother's funeral. After this appointment, I told Caroline, Michelle, and Trish (three girlfriends from Harding) and also told April, Laurel, and Katie (three girlfriends in Auburn). But I was still afraid to tell anyone else. I just didn't want it to go wrong. I haven't really felt all that pregnant. Sure I have been a little sick to my stomach, but not throwing up. I haven't been overly tired or emotional (though Matt may argue against that). The only symptom that I have felt is hunger. And yes, I eat whatever I want! Unfortunately I don't crave sweets. Anyways, back to what I was saying. I was scared that it wasn't true because I felt pretty good. But at last, Friday I had my first ultrasound! I got to hear the heart beat, and the baby even moved a little! It was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen.
To think that I have a human being growing inside of me! Crazy awesome! God is so good!!! And yes there is only one. I was a little concerned at first that there would be more since I was on fertility drugs, but nope! Just one, which is what I have been praying for. :)



Here is my 9 1/2 weeks picture! I feel like I look huge, but maybe that's just me. Or maybe some of it was already there. :) Anywho, hope you enjoyed the story. I know most of you just skipped over the words and looked at the pictures. That's ok! I like pictures too!


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's SO exciting! I loved hearing your story and the pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it. You are going to be an amazing mommy! BTW you have a cute baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited for you guys - you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read every word and cried. Jason said, "Why are you crying?" And I said, "Lyd's pregnant." He goes, "We knew that already." And I said, "Now I know it better."

    Anyway, loved the post. Both the writing and the pics. Love you and Matt and that baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay again!!! SO happy for y'all and happy that our babies will be so close in age!! :)

    ReplyDelete