Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

5 months old


Cooper turned 5 months old on Monday! Sometimes I just can't believe I have a baby that is 5 months old. It seems like he has been with me forever, and yet it is also crazy to think that he hasn't been in this world as long as he was inside of me. He is growing soooo fast! It seems like every week he is doing something new. I know that before I know it, he will be a year old, and my "baby" will be gone! I just hug him and kiss him so much right now, because I know there will be a day when he will not like me doing that. Hopefully not too soon though.
Here are some updates:
  • He is getting very close to sitting up on his own. Sometimes he can make it for 30 seconds or more. He is very topsy-turvy and always wants to play with his feet which causes him to fall over. I think he will be sitting on his own in the next couple of weeks.
  • He loves to stand. If you go to lift him up to a sitting position, he goes ahead and pushes off with his feet to make himself stand.
  • He turns onto his stomach ALL THE TIME. The reason for the all caps is that he turns over, but can't figure out how to get to his back and then gets mad. It is exhausting! Many times I leave him there for a while to fuss. He needs to figure it out! I know one day he will just get it and then will be rolling everywhere. But right now Matt and I are so tired of having to turn him over.
  • He LOVES his feet. Sometimes I will go to get him out of his bed, and he will have his WHOLE foot in his mouth just sucking away. Personally I don't see what is so good about sucking on your feet, but he is sure cute doing it!
  • When he is on his stomach, he can lift his chest all the way off the floor. It is like he is doing a push-up. If he could get his little bottom up, he would be crawling!
  • During tummy time, he really is trying to go for toys that are out of his way. He knows that he should be able to get to them if he could just get a little closer. I think he gets a little frustrated at that, but he will get them soon enough.
  • He is now going to bed at 8:00. It is great that he is going down so soon, but it also makes church nights and any late night activities hard. He usually wakes up anywhere from 5:00 to 6:00 and then goes back to sleep for an hour. He then is awake for 30 minutes to an hour and then takes another hour to two hour nap. He loves to sleep in the mornings. Wish the rest of the day was like that!
  • He fights naps with the best of them! Kicking, hitting, flailing. Sometimes the "crying it out in the crib" thing works, and other times it results in screaming. I think it is all in the timing, but unfortunately I haven't gotten that mastered. :(

There a lot more things I could list, but I know many of you just looked at the picture and then went to the next blog. I will save it for his 6 month! He is the sweetest boy ever. When I first found out I was having a little boy, I just didn't know what I would do with one. But I love it! I can't wait to see what the next 5 months are going to hold for us!


1 comment:

  1. Just want you to know I read every word of Cooper's five month post. =) Definitely didn't just check out the picture- even though it is a super cute one. Sounds like he is doing great, and how could he not be with such a great momma!

    ReplyDelete