Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Season

For Thanksgiving, we headed to Lebanon, TN (just outside Nashville) to Matt's family. We hadn't been there in 2 years for Thanksgiving, so it was good to go back. We left as soon as Cooper woke up on Wednesday morning and managed to make it to Cullman, AL before we had to stop. Since Cooper does better when we take long breaks, we decided to have a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Cooper seems to draw a lot of attention whenever we go places. People stop us to talk to him and to ask how old he is. They comment on his good looks (he gets that from me :) ) and his good natured personality (he gets that from his Dad). We are definitely proud of him, but it was really getting ridiculous how many people came up to him at Cracker Barrel. I guess I'm going to have to lock him away when he becomes a teenager! Anyways, we ate our breakfast and decided to get back on the road. We should have had only 2 more hours to go, but go stuck on the interstate in a wreck. Thankfully Matt was driving and drove across the median to back-track on the interstate. It took us an additional hour to get around the wreck, but at least we were moving. We arrived at Matt's parent's house early afternoon. Matt's brother and sister-in-law were already there! We sure do miss getting to see them since they live so far away. That night, we headed to church for some food and Thanksgiving fellowship. When we got home from church, I started feeling bad. Cooper had been sick with croup, and I think he passed it along to me (don't know how that happened!). I did not have a very good night!



Thursday, Matt let me sleep in till 9:00 which was wonderful! But I woke up feeling worse than ever. I definitely was not in the mood to visit, much less take pictures. Therefore I do not have many pictures from the holiday. I hate that I didn't get more, but surviving was basically first on my list. Anyways, Thanksgiving dinner was delicious! Cooper had some baby food and a little table food. He tried mashed potatoes, but made an awful face! I think it was the texture mainly. He definitely cannot be our child if he doesn't like mashed potatoes. :) He also tried a little corn pudding. Once again, not a fan. Oh well!

Friday, once again I slept in trying to fight off the sickness. Thankfully we didn't have a whole lot on our agenda, so I took it easy in the morning. That afternoon Matt and I along with Daniel and Julie went to see Harry Potter. I was so excited to see the movie! I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. And this movie did not let me down. I can't wait to see the last one. It will be sad though when they are all over!

Saturday, we headed back to Auburn. It was a relatively calm trip. We took our time and stopped twice. Our last stop was for dinner in Montgomery. He ate at McAlister's where Cooper had some more table food. He had a little of my spud which he seemed to tolerate. He also tried lemons and pickles. He LOVES both! I wish I had my camera with me. He did not make awful faces with either. He takes after me with the love of pickles and I guess he takes after his Lolly on the lemons.







Uncle Daniel and Aunt Julie
Before we left for Thanksgiving, we decided to put up our tree. We will only be able to enjoy our tree for about 3 weeks, so we decided to get it up before we left. Normally our house is covered with Christmas decorations, but this year I just felt so overwhelmed with trying to decorate and get everything else done, we decided just to do a tree. Our tree looks really bare with just a few ornaments, but it will be great if Cooper decides to crawl in the next couple of weeks! :)
Before church!


No comments:

Post a Comment