Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Where did the last 8 months go?











These last 8 months have FLOWN by. I know that people always tell you that when you have children, your life will speed up. It is so true! Cooper is growing way too fast for my liking. I just wish I could slow down life and keep him a baby forever. Oh well, I guess it's is just a good excuse to have another baby soon?!?! Yeah right. :) That's probably not going to happen for a while! Anyways, here are some things that Cooper is doing at 8 months:

  • He is back to falling asleep on his own! Yay! We worked very hard after Thanksgiving to get him comfortable with putting himself to sleep. I definitely do not think he was ready for sleep training before, because this time went MUCH better. We would make sure he was good and sleepy before putting him in his bed. Then we would go and pat him and rub him every 5 minutes. The first time it took about 30 minutes of crying before he went to sleep. Each night his crying got shorter and shorter. So now, while it may take him 30 minutes to fall to sleep, at least he isn't crying or putting up a fuss.

  • He is also back to sleeping through the night (I should say the majority of the time. He still wakes up sometimes, and I have to go pat him back to sleep). He sleeps about 10 hours and then sometimes goes back to sleep for a little while.

  • He is taking 3 naps. Usually the first one is an hour. The second one is the longest from an hour and a half to two hours. Then he takes another one around 5:00.

  • He is now eating baby food 3 times a day. He also eats lots of table food. Usually I can find something to give him to eat during our dinner time. He is also doing a great job at eating Puffs. And I don't know if many of you out there have ever heard of Mum-Mums, but he LOVES those!

  • He has not crawled yet, but he is SO CLOSE! He launches himself from and sitting position to get toys that are out of his reach. He is also doing lots of rocking (getting up on all fours and rocking his body). And he can get to stuff as long as he can go backwards! :) His arms are strong, but he hasn't figured out how to go forward.
  • He is waving bye and is sometimes saying "Bye Bye" while waving. He also says "Momma" A LOT! Especially when he is upset!

We are so blessed to have Cooper in our lives. He is the sweetest boy! I love being his Mom and I know Matt is enjoying fatherhood as well.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new picture at the top of your blog! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where DID the past 8 months go? I was just thinking earlier when I was rocking Ainsley to sleep that this time next year I may not be doing that anymore :( Made me tear up. I like what you said about having another baby. I think we all think that but I agree...not yet! I want to enjoy Ainsley alone as long as I can. And yes, Ainsley LOVES Mum-Mums! That's what keeps her occupied so we can eat our dinner. We are going to try Puffs next week for the first time. Glad to see y'all are doing well. Hope you have a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete