Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

How to recover a glider

After my grandmother passed away, my mom brought me a glider from my grandmother’s house.  I wish I could say that it is an antique, but it’s not.  But I didn’t have a glider, and so it has been a nice addition to the furniture in our house.  The only bad part about it was that it was ugly!  :)  And I had lived with the ugliness long enough!  The initial plan was for me to buy replacement cushions.  But those are expensive!  I can buy a brand new rocker for the price of the cushions.  When I told Mom, she said that she could recover them with no problems.  My mom is so talented and creative that I wasn’t worried at all about how it would turn out. 

My mom came 2 weekends ago to help with this and several other projects.  We went to Hobby Lobby and found some upholstery fabric that would go great in Levi’s nursery.  I wanted to get something that would look great in his room, but then when he got bigger, I could bring the glider in the living room and it would go great too.  Well, I think we picked a great fabric!

Anyways, my mom did the majority of the work, but here are some of the “how we did it” pictures.

 DSC_0896

Lay your cushions over your fabric and cut around making a pattern

DSC_0897

Turn them inside out and do a lot of sewing and other fancy things that I have no idea what she did!  :) (If you really want to know how to do this, let me know and I’ll ask my mom!)

Cut out a piece and staple to your ottoman.

DSC_0898

Before and After!  What a difference!

DSC_0899DSC_0900 

Don’t miss the new post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment