Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

2 months old!

Levi turned 2 months on July 14th, and I’m just now getting around to writing about it!

We love him so much!  Here are some things I want to remember years from now:

weight: 11 pounds 10 ounces (50%)

length: 24 inches (90%)

head: 15

He LOVES to sleep!  Unfortunately, he has to be in the right place, time, outfit, universe for this to happen.  He won’t fall asleep in the car, church, restaurant, etc.  So we get a lot of screaming fits.  Usually he screams all Sunday afternoon because he didn’t get enough rest at church.  It’s exhausting.  The good news is that when the stars align, he will sleep for a long time.  Right now he has been napping for over 3 hours!  This is a first, but it doesn’t surprise me.  He is doing great at night.  Still sleeping in his car seat.  He goes to bed around 8, then wakes up once, then is up for the day between 7 and 8.  I am going to try laying him flat in his crib around 3 months.  I tried it one night not too long ago, and he went back to waking up every 3 hours.  Not worth it!!  He still only sleeps swaddled, so that’s another thing we will have to transition out of.  He has a love-hate relationship with his paci.  He likes to have it to fall asleep, but when he’s asleep he could care less. 

He loves Cooper or I should say that Cooper loves him!  :)  Cooper is always kissing, holding, touching Levi.  I know Cooper can’t wait for him to get bigger and play!

Levi loves bath time.  The other night he took a 20 minute bath before I got him out because I was bored!  He hates getting out though.  That boy has a set of lungs on him!  He screams and screams while I get his pajamas on.  Nothing will calm him down except nursing.

He definitely prefers his momma.  This is hard on me.  I love him so much, but sometimes I need a break!  But I do know it goes by so quickly, so during those frustrating times, I remember that.

He rolled from his belly to his back a couple of days ago.  I quickly rolled him right back over to his belly to see if he would do it again.  He didn’t.  :(  He hasn’t done it again, but I know pretty soon he will be rolling like crazy.

We still think he looks a lot like me and my side of the family.  I see my dad and my dad’s dad in him.  People are always saying how much he and Coop look a lot alike, but Matt and I can see a BIG difference!  It will be interesting to see what he looks like the bigger he gets.  I can’t wait!

DSC_0924 DSC_0915 DSC_0916 DSC_0919 DSC_0921

A note to Levi:  I love you so much little buddy!  You are my miracle baby.  I think about your birthday all the time.  I’m so glad God gave you to me.  I pray for you constantly.  Thank you for being such a blessing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment