Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Upper GI

Cooper had his Upper GI done this morning. He did awesome. I woke him up at 3:45 to nurse because he couldn't eat at least 4 hours before the procedure. He woke up at 6:45 wanting to nurse, but we had to wait until after 8:00 before he could get anything. He did not cry one time. Of course he was a little fussy, but no screaming or crying. Definitely an answered prayer. I just knew that he would be screaming his head off! Matt stayed in the room with him while the procedure was done. I opted out of staying because I tend to get emotional over the littlest things. Matt said that they gave him the barium to drink and he drank like a champ! He was starving (which is how they want it to be that way they don't have to put a tube down him). Anyways, it only took about 10 minutes. He was so content when I came back in the room. The radiologist said everything looked normal, but we won't hear from our pediatrician until probably Friday. But I consider it a success! Definitely God was working this morning! To celebrate we went to Chick Fil A for some breakfast. Thanks to everyone for the prayers. I think he is starting to get a little better. I don't know if his medicine is just now working or what, but it seems like every day gets better. And he is nursing so well! Anyways, I will keep y'all updated on things. Thanks again!

5 comments:

  1. that's great news lydia! i am so glad things are getting better for baby cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! So glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are going better! He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that things went well for you guys today! What a blessing! Hopefully Cooper will continue to improve each day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful news, Lydia! I'm so happy to hear that Cooper is doing better!

    ReplyDelete