Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend in Memphis

This past weekend, I decided to venture to Memphis by myself. I was very very nervous about the trip. Imagine taking a 5 week old on a 6 hour road trip by yourself. Very scary. On Wednesday morning I was ready to go. I nursed Cooper while Matt loaded the car. Once Cooper was good and stuffed, we headed out. I figured I could at least make it to Birmingham (about 2 hours) before he would wake up. Boy was I wrong! He woke up 40 minutes before getting there. He started crying in 5 minute intervals. Knowing that he was not hungry and probably just tired, I did my best to block him out. I was so glad to see our Birmingham exit. After that stop, we made it all the way to Olive Branch before he woke up again. I was only 15 minutes from my sister's house, but I decided to stop so that he would be in a good mood when we got there. I was so glad to be there! I was stressed to the max and exhausted, but we made it! And it only took 6 hours! Anyways, Remle and Daily were so excited to see him. They kept wanting to touch him all over, but we tried to limit the touching to just his feet. That was very hard for them. But it was good preparation for when their little sister arrives in October. There are more pictures that were taken with my sister's camera that I will have to post once I get them. Anyways, we had so much fun in Memphis. Basically we just hung out with the family which is my favorite thing to do. Also, Cooper got a lot of love from Lolly and Poppy which gave me plenty of opportunities to nap! :) Sunday came way too fast and once again I was nervous about the trip. It is just very hard to be all by yourself trying to manage a baby. On the way back, I only made it about an hour and a half before having to pull off. Cooper was just so fussy. He wanted to go to sleep, but wanted to nurse and fall asleep. Unfortunately there is no way for that to happen on the road with me driving! We did eventually make it home and I was so glad to see Matt! I'm really glad I made the trip because there will be many more that I have to do. Our next trip will be next weekend to a friend's wedding. Thankfully Matt will be with me. But then two weeks after that, I have to drive to Nashville by myself. But since I'm a pro, I should be just fine! Anyways, enjoy the pictures. They are kind of out of order, but that's ok.








Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he looks like Matt! Precious boy. I admire that you did the trip~ brave mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it, Lydia! I've found that the best time to take road trips like that by yourself is when they are still really little! And, you are way more brave than I was when Noah was that little...I never would have done a 6 hour road trip by myself! I did venture out by myself with Noah and Olive though when she was 6 weeks old. It was nice to eat lunch with you today! Call me if you guys are ever in Montgomery!

    ReplyDelete