Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

9 month appointment

Monday we went to Cooper's 9 month appointment. I usually look forward to his doctor's appointments. It allows me the chance to ask any questions that I have thought of and also I get to see how much Cooper has grown.





He is still growing like a weed. He weighs 21 pounds 15 ounces which is in the 70th percentile. He is 29 inches long which is in the 90th percentile. The doctor said he looks healthy and thinks he is right on track developmentally. He did say that we need to try to get him to fall asleep on his own for naps. He said that we can rock him until he is almost asleep and then go put him in his bed. This makes me very nervous, because usually he will just play in his bed instead of going to sleep. Also, sometimes we are not at home for him to fall asleep in his crib. For instance, Sundays we are at church and I can sometimes get him to fall asleep by rocking him. Another time is Tuesday mornings. I have my Ladies Bible Class, and Matt takes care of Cooper. Of course nap time is during class, so Matt rocks him to sleep. Anyways, I guess we will just have to work at it. As far as night time goes, that has been getting a little better. He is still waking up, but I am not going in to check on him. I have closed our door almost the entire way, so I can't hear him as well. It has taken him about 45 minutes each night to go back to sleep. He doesn't really cry, it is more whining than anything else. I think he just wants me to come be with him. But when I was going in there to pat him, it would only make things worse. Then he REALLY wanted me. So anyways, last night he fell back asleep and slept till 7:00! I was so excited. I thought he would wake up mad, but just the opposite! He was sitting up talking to himself when I went to get him. Even though he is still waking up, I feel like we are making progress since he is able to put himself back to sleep!



I forgot to mention in my last post that we got a "new" carseat for Cooper. You are supposed to replace your infant car seat when your child reaches 20 pounds, and Cooper had been over that for some time! Not to mention that his feet were hanging off the end. Well, my mom had an extra carseat that she let us have. It is a rear facing carseat that also turns around when he turns 1. It is so nice, and he looks like a big boy sitting in it. Of course, he would much rather be facing forward, but I think he really likes it. It's also much more comfortable and sits him up higher so he is able to look out the window as we are driving along.



Another item that I forgot to mention is that he is wearing 12-18 month clothes. I know many of you do not care what size my child wears, but I know one day I may wonder and will need this little note! :)

We also took Cooper's 9 month pictures Sunday afternoon. I love our photographer, so I am anxious to see them soon. I will post them as soon as I get my hands on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment