Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Toomer's Corner




After every big win, Toomer's Corner gets rolled. There are two trees on the corner downtown, and thousands of people throw toilet paper on it. I'm not sure how this tradition got started, but it makes for an interesting story. Since last night was the National Championship, we knew that this rolling had the potential to be very big. And it was since Auburn won! We got up this morning to go downtown to see it and to take pictures. Matt was so excited to experience this with Cooper. Who knows when we will see a National Championship again for Auburn, so we definitely had to get some pictures. I put on Cooper's jersey, but since it is so cold, you can't really see it very well. Matt unzipped it because he wanted people to know what Coop was wearing. Anyways, even though I'm not an Auburn fan (Roll Tide!), I do enjoy going to see downtown after a game.
On another note, Cooper started crawling yesterday! He had been taking one or two "crawls" (don't think that's a word), but nothing really more than that. Well yesterday, we kept moving items further and further away and he would go get them. He won't really just go for anything right now. We kind of have to coax him with something forbidden, such as a cell phone or remote. So right now I can put him down, and he will still be in that spot when I come back. But I know that probably in the next couple of weeks, he will be everywhere. I am going to post video of him crawling, but it just takes SO LONG, and I'm very lazy! :)
The second thing that has happened is that Cooper is getting his two top teeth in! He got one of his bottom teeth in not too long ago, and we have been waiting on his second bottom tooth. Well, this morning, on the way to Toomer's Corner, Matt saw a tooth peeking out of the top! I thought for sure his bottom one would come in before the top, but I guess not. Right now you can only see a part of one at the top, but the other top one is definitely ready. His gums look huge and swollen! I know they have got to hurt. He has been drooling like crazy and choking on it a lot. Ugh! Teething has definitely been a lot harder than I thought! Baby Orajel and Tylenol have become my best friends, especially at night!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: