Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cause I'm Living In A Material World...

And I am a material girl.


Many of you probably do not know that I have always LOVED cars. Not to the extent that boys love them. I don't know engines. I don't know what's under the hood. And I really don't care to know. All I care about is beauty and usefulness.

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted one of these:

Now this is a newer version, but I would still take this one. For some reason the Hummer has always spoken to me. I would see one as a little girl parked in a grocery parking lot, and my dad would take me over to look at it. I distinctly remember looking at an old Humvee, when the owner came out of the store. He was an older gentleman, and opened the door to let me have a look around. I just knew that one day I would have one of those! Just imagine, driving down the road in a Hummer. You are the Kind of the road. People move out of the way for you, because they really have no other choice. Now that Hummers have become somewhat popular, the allure is diminished slightly, but like I said, I would take one. :0

My next two loves were in high school. Probably around the time I was thinking about getting my driver's license. Anytime I would see these cars driving down the road, I would swoon over them like a girl swoons over a boy. They are just so beautiful! I can't help it!


The Ford Mustang and the 1970 Corvette.


But oh how the times have changed. I still look at those cars above and marvel at the beautiful design, but on the inside I'm thinking that there is no way a car seat would fit in the sports cars, or that the Hummer probably does not offer double sliding doors or a self-rising tailgate. Hence my new love - the Honda Odyssey!

I have a friend who just recently purchased an Odyssey. So jealous! And my sister has one as well. These vans are SO COOL! Vans were definitely not cool when I was growing up. I did not want to be the kind of mom that had a van. I wanted a Suburban or a Tahoe. But seriously, those don't have anything on this van. It is the sports car of vans. It is my new love. And yes, I do hope to own one of these in the future. :)



1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! But let me just say I'm right there with you. I have sworn up and down my whole life I would NOT own or drive a van. But I have been telling Brantley for a few weeks now (since the new one came out) that I actually like and would drive one of those. He was shocked! But it really is the only van I like or I'd ever drive. The inside is so spacious, however I LOVE my Pilot and am going to have it for a long time! I'm just saying that I may eat my own words someday.....

    ReplyDelete