Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 18, 2012

6 months

Levi turned 6 months old November 14th!!  Can’t believe he is already half a year old.  It has gone by so fast!  He weighs 15.10 (25%) and is 26 inches long (50%).  He is keeping a normal curve on the growth chart so that’s great!

Levi has been sitting on his own for almost a month.  He is now so good at it that I will leave him alone (with one pillow behind him in case he does fall) to go to another room.  I still don’t trust Cooper around him when he is sitting, so I will keep a close eye on that!  Levi is also standing really well.  He can even stand holding/leaning on to something.  He has not rolled, and I was concerned, but the dr. said that if he is sitting and standing, then he is fine.  The not rolling is partly because Cooper is always on top of him any time he is on the floor and also he has not interest in trying it.  :)  Definitely my personality!!

Sleep is still very inconsistent.  The most he will do at one time is 6 hours.  But since he goes to sleep anywhere from 6 to 6:30 (sooooo early especially if we have church! still trying to figure that one out!), 6 hours really doesn’t give me much.  If I go to sleep at 10, he is usually awake between 10:30 and 12.  He is trying to cut his first tooth, so he has been getting up more, but honestly as long as we don’t go back to 30 minute stretches like he was doing not too long ago, then I feel well rested.  He usually wakes up at 6:30 am, but most of the time I put him in bed with me and nurse him to sleep for another 45 minutes (don’t know what I’m gonna do in another 6 months!  :) ).  So he typically is up for the day at 7:15. 

He just started eating twice a day.  We are still trying to figure that one out.  He doesn’t seem all that interested in food in the morning, but I’m giving it a go anyway.  He is still having belly issues, but our pediatrician wants us to try giving him juice to see if that will help.  He won’t take it in a bottle, and he still hasn’t gotten the hang of a sippy cup, so I am giving him a little in a syringe.  It’s a pain, but it seems to be helping a little.

He has become MUCH more vocal these last couple of days.  His favorite is his whiny voice.  He discovered it and likes to use it any time he sees me.  Of course it works!  He is also screaming when he gets excited.  And occasionally I’ll hear him laughing at one of his toys.

His favorite toy is MOMMA!!!  *sigh* But I know I will look back on these days and cherish them!  His second favorite toy is his big brother.  Cooper will just lay on top of him and Levi thinks it is so funny!

A big accomplishment we made last month was our first road trip with just Mommy.  Levi did great!  He has gotten so much better in his car seat.  He still doesn’t like it, but he generally fusses when we put him in, but stops when we hit the road. 

Anyways, there is so so so much more I could say about this little boy.  I love him so much!  I don’t know what I did to deserve such 2 beautiful sweet boys, but I am so thankful for them!  Thank you God for sparing Levi’s life!  I can not imagine how my life would have been had things turned out differently.  Enjoy these sweet pictures:

DSC_1252 DSC_1240 DSC_1241 DSC_1242 DSC_1243 DSC_1246 DSC_1248 DSC_1250

No comments:

Post a Comment