Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 13, 2009

Sleeping with the Fishes

Since my husband is gone on a mission trip this week, I thought it would be fun to have my mom, dad, and niece come keep me company over the weekend. Matt did not have to leave until Saturday morning, so he got to spend some quality time with Remle. I don't know who was more excited - Matt or Remle? When my family got to Auburn, we decided to go out to eat. The restaurant will not be named. The food was awful! I got a hamburger, which I thought couldn't be messed up, but sure enough it was. It was burnt to a crisp! I took a bite and all I tasted was charcoal. My mom's steak was also burnt. We ended up sending both of them back (which I have never done before, so don't think I'm a food snob who does this quite frequently). When the food was brought back out to us, my hamburger was so undercooked that I couldn't eat any of it. Needless to say, I won't be going there again.

This is the only picture I have of mom and dad together on the trip. During this picture my mom was saying "don't take a picture of me. I look awful." I think she is quite cute in this picture.
Uncle Matt was teaching Remle how to crack open the peanut shell. She ate half a bucket!



After Uncle Matt left for his mission trip, we decided to drive to Atlanta to go to the aquarium. We went for the first time last summer, and Remle loved the fish.




This is my attempt at getting a good shot with Remle. Unfortunately she looks like she going to start crying. I don't remember what was going on at this time.









Remle informed me that it was time to eat. So was sat down and had a nice lunch of fruit snacks and gold fish. This was the most relaxing time during the whole trip. If you have never been to the GA aquarium, let me enlighten you. It is so packed, that there were some fish we didn't see because the line was so long. I hate crowds, so this bothered me quite a bit.







After we were done with the aquarium, we rushed back to the car before Remle fell asleep. Poppy made her hold her arms up in the air so she wouldn't fall asleep. She was like this before we made it out of the parking lot.

























1 comment:

  1. Hey Lydia! I had found your blog when you posted it on Facebook the other day and I kept meaning to comment that I was out here reading. I see you've found me though too! It will be nice to keep up with you and Matt...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete