Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's A...

BOY!!!


We went to our doctor's appointment yesterday to find out the sex of our baby. When you go in to have the ultrasound, the technician doesn't tell you right away. So, you have to sit there for about 5 minutes before she will ask if you want to know. I'm sure this is to make sure the baby is healthy before proceeding, but I was so nervous. I did have a big clue when she said that my baby is very, very low. So low in fact that I was confused as the why my "baby bump" is not that low. She told me that the "bump" I am seeing right now is actually all my guts pushed up and out of the way for the baby. I was surprised to hear that! But she said that since he is so low, all those organs have to go somewhere. She said it will only get worse the farther along I am. I think it is funny that this whole time I have been thinking that my guts are actually my baby. Oh well! Anyways, the ultrasound went fine. Everything was normal. It is amazing what they can see with them! We also got a DVD and CD of the ultrasound. If I can figure out how to upload it, then you will get to see some of it yourself! After the ultrasound, we went out in the waiting room and sat for an hour and a half waiting on the doctor! They told us that he was about 30 minutes behind, but it ended up being much longer than that. We didn't get out of the office until almost 6. By that time, my mom was freaking out. She just knew that something was terribly wrong and that is why we hadn't called. But I think she got over it when she heard that she was having her first grandson! She is so excited! One of the first things she said was, "But Lydia, we don't know what to do with all those parts!" You see, I don't have any brothers and my sister only has girls, so we aren't used to little boys. It will definitely be an adventure! I do feel a little bad for Matt's parents because all they have had is boys! They were ready for a little girl. But at least my mother-in-law knows what to do with all of those parts!! :) We decided on a boy and girl's name a long time ago that way we could tell everyone as soon as we found out. So his name is ...

Cooper Steven Tignor

Here are some more cute pictures from the baby shower I went to this weekend. I got these from my friend Brooke's Facebook. I think I forgot to mention yesterday, that the other pictures are from Katie's blog. Thanks girls! Look at yesterday's blog to see names and how far along everyone is.














2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Obviously we LOVE boys around here! :-) And, if you need any advice for "all those parts" give me a buzz. I've had a little more experience with them than I ever dreamed! Love the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you'd most about the big news in more detail! Yay!

    ReplyDelete