Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 6, 2011

Haircut and Easter Egg Hunt

So both of these posts are way overdue, but better late than never!

On Cooper's official birthday, I decided he needed a haircut!  I had been waiting forever to give him one.  I was determined not to do anything until his first birthday.  So, when April 13th rolled around, I got out the clippers.  I was a little nervous about it simply because he is afraid of loud noises (blender, vacuum cleaner, dust buster, etc.), so I thought he would scream and cry as soon as I started on his head.  But he actually did great!  We took him outside to see Roxie.  This dog is a GREAT distraction.  I put Cooper in Matt's lap and worked just as fast as I could!  I did his back and sides on the highest guard setting.  I wasn't sure how it would look since his hair is so fine.  It really turned out ok.  The top part was the hardest.  I got out my scissors and went to work!  I've been cutting Matt's hair ever since we got married, so I'm used to cutting, but this little person was very wiggly!  I ended up quitting not very satisfied with the top, but overall it looked good.  I took him out several days later and trimmed it up again.  Anyways enjoy the BEFORE and AFTER pictures!
BEFORE - the back and sides

BEFORE - see how long it is over his ears!

AFTER - much shorter, makes him look like a little boy and not a baby

These videos are taken during Easter.  I didn't have my normal video camera, so I had to use my phone.  Of course this makes for faster loading but bad quality.  Cooper had so much fun hunting for eggs.  He definitely did not understand the concept.  In some of the videos you will see him take the eggs OUT of his basket instead of putting them in!  This hunt was in front of my parent's house.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You did a good job on Cooper's hair! I absolutely love that picture of yall you have as your header. Where is your (brown) shirt from? It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete